Is your mind a little lethargic? Are you in need of a brain boost? Then prepare to baffle your brain with these puzzles. If you do get stuck, the answers are at the end, but try your best.
First up, a game of catchphrase. Can you identify the sayings from the pictures below?
What about this famous name?
Next is a number sequence. Workout the pattern and add the next 3 numbers to the sequence.
8763, 8691, 8619, 8547, 8475 ? ? ?
14, 42, 126, 378, 1134 ? ? ?
4, 3, 3, 4, 6, 9, 13, 18, 24 ? ? ?
Time for a few riddles…
1) What could travel around the world but stay in one place?
2) You must keep this thing; its loss will affect your brothers. For once yours is lost, it will soon be lost by others. What am I?
3) Mr Blue lives in the blue house, Mr Red lives in the red house, Mr yellow lives in the yellow house, Mr Brown lives in the brown house, who lives in the white house?
4) Tom and Eva are found dead on the floor. At the crime scene pieces of glass and water were found on the floor. The only furniture in the room is a shelf and a bed. The house is located in a remote area with only a train line nearby. How did Tom and Eva die?
Let’s end on a classic conundrum: the fox, the chicken and the corn.
A farmer needs to take his fox, chicken and a sack of corn across a river. The farmer can only take one item at a time, but the fox cannot be left with the chicken and the chicken cannot be left with the corn. How can all 3 make it safely to the other side?
Hopefully your brain is fully alert and able to function at its best, so you can get through your day on top form. Scroll down for the answers and see how you did.
1 = Raining cats and dogs
2 = Crying over spilt milk
3 = Fit as a fiddle
The Name = Tiger Woods
8763, 8691, 8619, 8547, 8475, 8403, 8331, 8259 = -72 each time
14, 42, 126, 378, 1134, 3402, 10206, 30618 = ×3 each time
4, 3, 3, 4, 6, 9, 13, 18, 24, 31, 39, 48 = +0-1, +1-1, +2-1, +3-1, +4-1, +5-1 etc
1) A stamp
2) Your temper
3) The President of the United States of America
4) Tom and Eva are fish. When the train came past their glass tank fell off the shelf and shattered on the floor.
The fox, the chicken and the corn:
First the farmer takes the chicken across. Then he takes the corn across and picks the chicken up. He drops the chicken off, collects the fox and takes it to the other side where the corn is. He then brings the chicken across and all 3 are safely on the other side.